Tips for Selling Your Home
Selling your home can be easy and profitable if you follow a few tips. These tips for selling your home has proven over the years to be effective for selling homes fast. Our list of tips for selling your home is not all inclusive but are just a few of some of the ideas and strategies that we have used over the years to sell our houses fast.
Take a look at our list of tips for selling your home and let us know what you think.
- Fix Your Landscape – First impressions matter when trying to sell a house. The first thing a buyer notices is the exterior of the home. If the lawn is overgrown with weeds, trees, bushes and has an overgrown plant bed, chances are the buyer is going to think the interior of the house looks the same. If the exterior of a house is a mess chances are high the interior of the house is a mess also. Hire a professional landscaper to clean up the yard, trim the over grown trees and bushes and clean out and fill the plant bed with colorful plants. Fixing the landscape goes a long way in maximizing the drive up appeal of your home thus increasing the likelihood a buyer will want to look on the inside
- Paint – No one wants to buy a house with 10 year old paint. That old faded and chipped paint is an easy and necessary fix. Paint if you want to get full value for your house. Painting the exterior and interior of your home makes your home much more appealing, just make sure it’s a neutral color. You may like pink, blue and green but your buyer may have a different taste and be completely turned off because your pink bathroom.
- De-Clutter – We all collect stuff over the years but your next buyer has their own stuff they want to bring. Rent a storage or trash those things from the house you’ve been collecting over the years. A buyer wants a clean slate and if you de-clutter your home it will bring new life to your home. Also de-cluttering your home will make it easier for your buyer to see the possibilities of your home and not imagine how to get rid of your stuff.
- Make Some Repairs – Most buyers want to buy a house that don’t require any repairs. Although it might not be practical to repair everything before you sell, there are some minor repairs you should make if you want to get maximum value for your home. Small repairs like fixing the kitchen light switch, replacing the broken bathroom door knob, or replacing that broken window goes a long way in the eyes of a buyer.
- Clean your house – Make sure your house is clean. Even though you don’t smell Fido, buyers do. Nothing turns off a buyer more than a smelly house. Make sure your house looks professionally cleaned, well kept and most importantly does not smell.
I hope this list of tips for selling your home helps you get maximum value for your home. Although selling your home can be hard these five tips for selling your home should make it easier.
What would you add to this list?